Save 10% Off Your Private Tour
When you book online today!
Giovanni's Shrimp Truck
Facts About Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck
Find out more about the legendary Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck. Discover what makes it so popular, before you try it yourself.
If you live in a large city, you may have a favorite food truck in town. But when it comes to shrimp, you may have to go visit the North Shore of Oahu to find the best shrimp truck you can ever come across. This is Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck, and it’s so renowned that its fame is beginning to be associated with the North Shore itself, much like the surf and the gorgeous beaches.
Here are some facts you should know about it:
- It’s one of the oldest shrimp trucks in the North Shore, as it’s been around for more than 20 years.
- There are actually 2 Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck locations on the North Shore. One is in Haleiwa and the other’s in Kahuku. You can go to 66-472 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712 or to 56-505 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731.
- In both locations, you can enjoy lunch or dinner for takeout. You can dine in as well, as each truck has a setup of tents and benches in front of them.
- The trucks don’t really look brand new. In fact, it may seem at first glance that someone just vandalized the truck not a few hours ago. But actually, the sides and doors of the truck have been covered with messages, drawings, and signatures of various satisfied patrons through all these years.
- You don’t really need to see the menu, since there are actually just 4 terrific options to choose from.
- You can try the Shrimp Scampi, which is regarded as their signature dish. The shrimp has been marinated in lemon butter, olive oil, and bits of garlic. The combination leads to a truly scrumptious taste.
- There’s also the Lemon/Butter Shrimp. This has the shrimp sautéed in a lemon butter sauce. When you take a bite, you really get that literally juicy flavor.
- Then there’s the “No Refunds” Hot and Spicy Dish, which sounds a bit ominous. But you’ve been duly warned, as this truly hot and spicy. If you can’t deal with it, then it’s all your fault. Don’t be a Karen and ask for the manager—it’s all on you.
- Finally, you can go with the Garlic Hot Dog. This is for those who want to take a break from all that shrimp, though you can get one with the other shrimp dishes. This is hotdog liberally covered with scampi sauce.
- When you get a plate of your order, you’ll receive about a half-pound of shrimp still in their shell. You’ll also have about 2 cups of rice with their signature scampi sauce, along with a lemon wedge.
- The scampi sauce is out of this world, and you’ll savor every drop. Lots of people even suck on the shrimp shells for the very last bits of sauce they can get. But if you really need it to be even hotter, you can always ask for a side of their hot sauce.
- Both locations open at 10:30 AM, but the Haleiwa truck closes at 5 PM. Closing time for the Kahuku truck is at 6:30 PM.
Book A Private Oahu Tour Today!
“This tour is amazing. What a wonderful way to see Oahu!”
~ Mark Jones, Phoenix, AZ
“We did the Circle Island tour. When you see what you get it is a great value for your money. On the circle island tour our driver “Henry” was very knowledgeable and extremely funny, We loved it.”
~ Rianne I., Melbourne, AU
“Oahu Private Tours is the way to go. Oahu is beautiful. Having the ability to take your time where you want, take photos, and enjoy your time is great with a private tour—worth the entire price.”
~ Rick M, Montgomery, Alabama
“Would recommend the this private Oahu tour option. I’ve learned that I don’t like touring with strangers on a public tour. I prefer an intimate private tour. Our driver/guide was great! Nothing but praises all around.”
~ Debra Horton.
People Are Making Memories On Oahu